• AIX for N40 uploaded

    From Louis Ohland@ohland@charter.net to comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware on Sat Nov 19 14:30:28 2022
    From Newsgroup: comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware

    Uploaded Tim Knight's masterpiece, the install CD for AIX 3.1.5 for N40.

    The updates ARE NOT included. Those are on the N40 page.

    MAJ Tom will receive it, but you got to remember that radio waves are
    limited to below the speed of light, even if it's in vacuum.
    --- Synchronet 3.19c-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From Tomas Slavotinek@slavotinek@gmail.com to comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware on Sat Nov 19 21:43:36 2022
    From Newsgroup: comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware

    On 19.11.2022 21:30, Louis Ohland wrote:
    Uploaded Tim Knight's masterpiece, the install CD for AIX 3.1.5 for N40.

    The updates ARE NOT included. Those are on the N40 page.

    MAJ Tom will receive it, but you got to remember that radio waves are limited to below the speed of light, even if it's in vacuum.

    The speed of light seems to be 300KB/s today. I think we will need a FTL drive, Ground Control.
    --- Synchronet 3.19c-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From Louis Ohland@ohland@charter.net to comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware on Sat Nov 19 16:36:23 2022
    From Newsgroup: comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware



    Tomas Slavotinek wrote:
    The speed of light seems to be 300KB/s today. I think we will need a FTL drive, Ground Control.

    Standing there alone
    The ship is waiting
    All systems are go
    "Are you sure?"
    Control is not convinced
    But the computer
    Has the evidence
    No need to abort
    The countdown starts
    --- Synchronet 3.19c-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From Tomas Slavotinek@slavotinek@gmail.com to comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware on Sun Nov 20 00:00:10 2022
    From Newsgroup: comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware

    On 19.11.2022 23:36, Louis Ohland wrote:
    Tomas Slavotinek wrote:
    The speed of light seems to be 300KB/s today. I think we will need a
    FTL drive, Ground Control.

    Standing there alone
    The ship is waiting
    All systems are go
    "Are you sure?"
    Control is not convinced
    But the computer
    Has the evidence
    No need to abort
    The countdown starts

    Watching in a trance,
    The progress bar is moving.
    Nothing left to chance,
    All the files are checking.

    Direct link:
    https://ardent-tool.com/media/N40_Tadpole_A2.zip
    Merged and reorganized N40 AIX page (still needs some work): https://ardent-tool.com/RS6000/7007/AIX.html
    Updated media page:
    https://ardent-tool.com/media/
    --- Synchronet 3.19c-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From Louis Ohland@ohland@charter.net to comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware on Sat Nov 19 18:39:26 2022
    From Newsgroup: comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware

    Oops, AIX for N40 is a stripped down AIX 3.2.5

    Tomas Slavotinek wrote:
    On 19.11.2022 23:36, Louis Ohland wrote:
    Tomas Slavotinek wrote:
    The speed of light seems to be 300KB/s today. I think we will need a
    FTL drive, Ground Control.

    Standing there alone
    The ship is waiting
    All systems are go
    "Are you sure?"
    Control is not convinced
    But the computer
    Has the evidence
    No need to abort
    The countdown starts

    Watching in a trance,
    The progress bar is moving.
    Nothing left to chance,
    All the files are checking.

    Direct link:
    https://ardent-tool.com/media/N40_Tadpole_A2.zip
    Merged and reorganized N40 AIX page (still needs some work): https://ardent-tool.com/RS6000/7007/AIX.html
    Updated media page:
    https://ardent-tool.com/media/
    --- Synchronet 3.19c-Linux NewsLink 1.113