From Allen Prunty@1:2320/100 to All on Mon Jul 4 22:03:18 2016
Posted from the web:
TheDingo: Here's one, I worked in a small neighborhood music store for a few years. I got this call one day:
Me: Hello, Ted's Music. How may I help you?
- Yes, I am having a garage sale and I am selling an old guitar. How much is it worth?
Me: ...Ummm, it's really hard to say without seeing it. What
brand/model/year is it?
- I have no idea. Can you just give an estimate?
Me: I couldn't even give a ballpark without seeing it or getting any info on it.
- Well you're no help at all! I thought this was a music store.
Me: Let me see..... yes, yes it is.
- Why can't you just tell me what it's worth?
Me: Ma'am, I'm sorry, but guitars can have a value anywhere from $5 to millions. Without seeing it I can't tell you.
- Well you guys sure are worthless.
Me: It's worth $5.
- Ok, took long enough. Bye