Conference rules for the MUFFIN echo: rev. 29 May 14
Posting Frequency: 1st of the month.
MUFFIN - The Maximus Support Echo
Moderator - mark lewis, 1:3634/12
1. This echo is for Maximus BBS software support and discussion.
Messages posted here should pertain to Maximus and related
utilities. MEX/MECCA script discussions are also welcome.
Discussions that lean more toward Squish should be continued in
the TUB echo.
2. English is the official language allowed in this echo. However,
a message in your native tongue is allowed as long as there is
an English translation in the same message. If you must, at least
use google translate to provide the English translation.
3. Please use your real name when posting here. If you aren't sure,
check your birth certificate.
4. This echo is restricted to sysops (or soon to be sysops) only.
5. When someone posts a message requesting help, please try to be as
helpful and accurate as possible.
6. No BBS ads, 'test' messages, "where are you from" chains, replies
to off-topic messages, encrypted messages, PGP sigs, multiline
sigs or taglines, playing moderator (unless you -are- the
moderator), hi-ascii/ascii "artwork" (we really -don't- care to
see it), uuencoded files, or huge amounts of over-quoting.
"high-bit" ASCII characters are permitted ONLY in the context of
demonstrating something directly related to Maximus or a related
util. Other uses are not allowed. ANSI is -never- allowed.
If a program (reader, tagline mgr, etc.) is adding a lot of extra
junk to messages, please don't use it here. The moderator will
decide what's "extra junk", and let you know.
"Internet-style" signatures are -greatly- unwelcome, as well as
listing every email account or FTN-type address you have. Leave it
out, please. One -short- line is an "acceptable" signature.
"OS Bashing" is not welcome here. Don't do it. Period. This also
means, leave your cutesy "OS put-down" tag/origin lines out of
this echo. Grow up, ok?
Please, do not use a "shotgun" approach to posting, cc'ing a
message to all Maximus-related echoes. Pick the one echo that
applies to your topic, and post the message only in that one.
7. Please, limit quoting in your replies. If you're quoting more than
a couple lines, you're probably quoting too much. Never quote tag/
tear/origin lines unless they pertain to the support being given.
8. Rules of Common Courtesy apply at -all- times. If you want to argue
with, or complain to someone, do it elsewhere. Play nice!
9. File announcements are allowed by authors of utilities directly
related to the topic of this echo. You are also encouraged to help
others find programs they may need. When doing so, please include
filenames, and what restrictions (if any) you have on file requests.
In the case of files via HTTP or FTP, *try* to include the URL (and
directory if needed) of the file as well.
10. This echo may not be gated (in or out) to any other network, without
prior permission of the moderator. Authorized gates will be published
in the ELIST*.* listing for this echo.
Changes will be made to this list as needed. Your input is welcome via
netmail. Arguing about moderator decisions/rules is not welcome in the
echo... Again, please use netmail.
Thanks for using the MUFFIN echo!
Mark Lewis, 1:3634/12
* Origin: (1:3634/12
--- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v3.0pr5
# Origin: LiveWire BBS -=*=- telnet://livewirebbs.com
* Origin: LiveWire BBS - Synchronet - LiveWireBBS.com (1:2320/100)